Thursday June 4th 2009 – My morning weight is 182.2
Down .9 from yesterday making my 1st week on the program a huge success!
First Week Down: -7.8 lbs
“Never” have I eaten all day long for one week straight and lost 7.8 pounds! I am blown away… In my mind, the little voice says… Other people have this kind of success, not me. But this is me. And I did do this. It’s real! And a little bit surreal too.
Looking back at my first week I learned a lot about the basics of the TSFL program specifically some do’s and don’ts that I need to be mindful of going forward, for example:
- Do schedule meals every 2 to 3 hrs – This will help me stay on track and avoid from getting hungry late in the day.
- Do get in the 8 glasses of water. I now start early in the day – first thing after I brush my teeth I get in 2 glasses of water while I’m getting ready. I also fill up a container and drink more water on my drive into work.
- Do track meals, water, and hunger level throughout the day.
- Do get in at least 4 TSFL meals by 5pm. My goal is still 5 by 5pm.
- Do eat one lean and green meal a day – Don’t split it up. At least for the first week. I did, and it slowed me down for about three days by eating egg whites for breakfast. Then having trouble getting all 5 TSFL meals eaten within a reasonable time.
I may have to rethink my 5 week weight loss goal. Originally my goal was 15 pounds over the 5 weeks. The possibility of exceeding this is very high! Typically I come in short of my weight loss goals and have to settle for a loss that’s ok – not great. Now I’m actually thinking… I can do better than the 15 lbs I initially set out for. I like this. It’s very motivating and makes me want to dial-in the program and keep it going.
On to week # 2 Here I come… Ready & Excited!